Friday 10 July 2015

Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer

So you probably know by now that I'm a big fan of Benefit Cosmetics. I find their make up to be good to my skin and colours suitable for my skin tone. During my last big buy, I decided to try Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer. Primers are especially important in hot and humid climates like Singapore. From the moment you leave the comfort of your air conditioned room, you feel your whole face melting off. Literally. Followed by consistent blotting and soon enough, you have almost no make up left and it's not even noon yet. 




Stay Flawless comes in a stick which I find particularly useful when I have to travel. It glides on your skin really easily and is almost colourless. What I particularly like is the slightly cool sensation you get when you put it on. I'm not sure why that happens, but it feels soothing. It feels slightly tacky on your skin but that's to make your make up stick to your face for 15 hours right?


The first time I used it, I was extremely shocked! I had used it and then applied Play Sticks, the followed by Hello Flawless! powder. Almost immediately, my skin started to crease and crack. Play Sticks has a very creamy consistency, like a soft crayon. I could feel my face tightening and I when I looked in the mirror, I saw my face cracking up. It looked like dried up clay mask... I quickly washed everything off my face and heaved a sigh of relief.


The next time I used it, I got a slightly better results. I used Stay Flawless then I used You Rebel Lite. Being a tinted moisturiser with a more liquid consistency, it didn't cause that dryness that I had when I paired Stay Flawless with Play Sticks. So a word of caution... make sure you use a liquid foundation when you use Stay Flawless.

When my next shipment come, I will try it with Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! This is a liquid foundation and the reviews that say that Stay Flawless is good, they all use it with Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! So till next time... Let's see if this US$32 that I spent on Stay Flawless was worth it in the end.

You read about my reviews about Play Sticks, Play Sticks Verdict, Hello Flawless! and You Rebel Lite

No comments:

Post a Comment