Friday 20 June 2014

Benefit Hello Flawless!

Hello Flawless! by Benefit is a powder foundation with SPF15 that glides on silky and sheer and lasts all day.  The coverage can be customised depending on how and how much you choose to apply.  It comes with a sponge and a brush that keeps neatly under the powder.  If you want sheer light coverage or for touch ups later in the day, I'd recommend using the brush.  This creates a matte "no make up" kind of look.  If you want more coverage (generally for going out at night), then I'd recommend using the sponge.  Applying the powder with the sponge can cover up small imperfections on the skin and create a flawless look.  For daily use I'd say it lasts me for at least 2 months.  I personally don't have very good complexion so I use the sponge... That helps cover up big pores quite well.





It comes in a range of 9 shades so you would definitely be able to find a shade that is perfect for your skin tone.  The 9 shades from lightest to deepest shade:
  • "I love me!" Ivory
  • "Never Settle" Petal
  • "Me, vain?" Champagne
  • "I'm cute as a bunny" Honey
  • "All the world's my stage" Beige
  • "What I crave" Toasted Beige
  • "I'm haute for sure" Amber
  • "Why walk when you can strut?" Hazelnut
  • "Too fierce to beg" Nutmeg



I have a very sallow yellow tone to my skin which makes it really difficult to buy face powder.  I've tried many other brands but so long as they have an underlying orange or pink tone to it, my face turns too orange or too pink and I look super weird.  "Never Settle" Petal is the best for me.  It doesn't make my face look pasty white, nor does it make it look too pink or orange.  This shade works for me is I suspect is because the undertones are yellow.  Not to mention, Hello Flawless! does not irritate my sensitive skin nor cause me any unsightly allergies.

Benefit's website also has a Shadefinder page to help you choose the most ideal shade.  What I like best is that their shades caters to Asians and Africans, not only Caucasians.  I'd imagine a Caucasian with olive skin would experience the same troubles finding the right shade of powder, they would probably find something at Benefit.  You can also go to their stores and ask them for help in choosing a shade if this is your first time buying from Benefit.  I however, being the queen of lazy and online shopping did not go to the stores.  When I started buying Benefit makeup, they didn't have any stores that sold it here so it's not like there was a choice.  Hello Flawless! goes for US$34 online, in Singapore stores I think they go for S$54.  Buying online is a good option when they have free worldwide shipping for purchases above US$125.

No comments:

Post a Comment