Monday 23 June 2014

Belif Tinted Moisturiser Powdery B.B.

BB cream is commonly known as blemish balm, blemish base, beauty balm... Whatever you choose to think it is... it's really a tinted moisturiser that's supposed to be an all-in-one to replace serum, moisturiser, sunblock, primer or foundation.  Depending on the level of coverage you want, you can use BB cream under powder as well.  Now they also have CC Cream in the market but it's basically the same thing, BB or CC, they're all tinted moisturisers.



I really like the BB cream from Belif.  It's very light weight and doesn't make your skin look pasty.  In the hot and humid Singapore weather, it's very important (especially for oily skin like mine) that the cosmetics are lightweight.  Despite not having good complexion, I don't want to apply so much make up that I look like I'm wearing a mask.  I want to look my make up to look natural.  If your foundation and powder look very thick or don't match your skin tone, then you're very likely to look like you have a thick layer of make up.

Belif's BB Cream doesn't have shades to choose from, it's only 1 colour.  But because of it's consistency, it's sheer enough for most fair and medium skin toned people to use it.  I;d suggest trying it for colour before you buy.




For oily skin, the Tinted Moisturiser Powdery BB is ideal.  It gives your skin a matte look and covers big pores and small scars.  I use it under face powder because I am not used to going out with only tinted moisturiser on.  I feel like I'm only half made up.  I apply this on top of my toner, serum and moisturiser.  I know it sounds super hardcore, but no one said beauty was easy.  Technically speaking, you have oily skin because your skin is actually dry.  So your skin produces extra sebum to try and rehydrate the skin... In between my 3 showers a day, I'm pretty sure my skin is dried out, so I have to do my best to put the moisture back in.

The BB cream is good enough coverage for day or night and the best part is that it doesn't clog your pores!  I am so paranoid about blackheads it's not even funny, I had a nightmare about it last weekend. True story.  For SGD$33, nice looking complexion, SPF43 sunscreen and lasts for a couple of months, I think it's pretty good stuff! Please Belif me :)

2 comments:

  1. Finally! Thanks to you, I know what all the hype about BB creams are about.
    I've been looking around for one that suits me and you've given me one I could consider. Do you have others you've tried? Can't wait for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually the first BB cream I've tried. Previously I used to use Foundation from Bobbi Brown, but that always looked too thick and didn't look nice. This is much lighter and also doesn't cause my sensitive skin to break out or get irritated. :) Thanks for reading my blog! Feel free to ask anything else you might like to know about.

    ReplyDelete