Thursday 20 August 2020

Micellar Water - Miracle Water or Troubled Waters?

 What is Micellar Water?

Micellar water is made up is Micelles suspended in soft water. Micelles are tiny balls of cleansing oil molecules that attract and draw out oil, dirt, and impurities without drying out the skin. Micellar water is also a no-rinse cleanser and does not leave an oily residue, which can save some time from your beauty regime.

Micellar water can be used as facial cleanser, makeup remover and moisturiser. Although for waterproof eyeliner/ mascara, or very thick and heavy foundation, it would still be good to use a separate makeup remover to ensure that your skin is fresh and free of makeup residue. 

This lightweight cleanser is ideal for dry and sensitive skin types as it is alcohol free. So you can just use this as facial cleanser. 1 step, easy! However for oilier skin types, you might want to double-cleanse. Meaning you wash your face before using the Micellar water.

 

What went down with my face:

After hearing about my friends rave about this, and reading up heaps of good reviews about Micellar Water and how it can help with clog pores, I just had to try it. So I decided to buy a bottle from Sephora, at a very reasonable price of S$26 for a 400ml bottle. (Also this is not a paid/ sponsored article, I just want to share what I've discovered. Good things must share right?!)

I'm quite wary when it comes to new face products because I have really problematic skin. Sensitive and oily, and is prone to breakouts. So the first time i used it, I washed my face first, then applied the Micellar Water. The after touch felt a bit sticky, only because I'm used to having my face stripped BARE! (Lazy to use toner, moisturiser, etc. etc.) In the following days, I continued to use the micellar water first to get rid of the oil, then I would wash my face. 

But in the weeks that followed, I've begun switching to washing first, then micellar water after for the moisturising properties. If I have makeup to remove, then I use it twice. First to remove the makeup (for my makeup, this works well with removing foundation, waterproof eyeliner and mascara by holding the cotton pad on my eye for a while before wiping), then I wash my face, then I use micellar water again. The reason I use it again after as the last step of my cleansing regime is because I want to make sure that I don't have any residue left to clog my pores. Skin feels clean and fresh after. When I'm feeling a bit less lazy, I follow this with toner, and moisturiser for day or serum and night cream for bedtime.

Now with pores that are clean and not filled with dirt and oil, what do we get? 

SMALLER PORES! 

Yes this is actually possible. It's not really possible to make pores smaller unless you go for laser resurfacing or some other dramatic cosmetic work. But if your pores are clear of gunk, they actually can appear smaller.

So all in, I would rate this product a full 10 out of 10 and would recommend it to everyone! 

Verdict: Miracle Water!

No comments:

Post a Comment