Tuesday 26 May 2015

Benefit Play Sticks

I did a big shop at Benefit Cosmetics recently and bought some interesting stuff. In the past I didn't use foundation, instead I used You Rebel Lite which is a tinted moisturizer that provides light coverage and doesn't feel like you're wearing a thick layer of makeup. This time I thought I'd try something with a bit more coverage for a few reasons. I was hoping that it will be able to disguise my big pores and make my skin look a little better.



I have been using it daily, after moisturizer but before Hello Flawless! Play Sticks does provide slightly better coverage being that it's a creamy consistency so it can fill in any holes and reasonably cover any red pimples. I do feel that my skin is a little oilier these days and I am not sure if it's because of the Play Sticks or just our bad weather. 

Play Sticks comes in only 3 colours, so if it doesn't suit you, then you might prefer to go for Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! which comes in more colours (matchy matchy with the Hello Flawless! powders). The next round I will buy Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! to try, I hear good things about it. I use light beige with Hello Flawless! in petal. 

The three colours are playfully named, as with all their stuff:
  • Spin the bottle (light beige)
  • Tea party (medium beige)
  • Jump rope (medium tan)

Because it comes in a stick, it makes application extremely easy which is a real plus for me. The consistency of the foundation is also a winner coz it's smooth. However, I'm still entirely sold on this product. There's something about the way the powder goes on that I don't really like. It seems to be a bit... coagulated. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't feel like it sits well into my skin. Only after some light perspiration then it settles. Perhaps my moisturizer is too light.

For now if you're interested, I'd suggest you go to the Benefit Boutique to test it out before buying, to see if you like it and also for the colour. It cost me US$36 and I'm 50/50 on this one. I might post a conclusion later on how I feel about this product.

For the verdict - go HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment