Sunday 14 April 2024

BaByliss Style Pro 1000

 WOW!

So I've always been the type of girl who showered and ran out the door with wet hair. Now that I have a little more time to spend on grooming before I get out the door, I decided to purchase something to style my hair with. Being that my psychomotor skills are lacking to put it kindly, a brush and hair dryer was useless to me. It's a wonder I'm not bald yet.

It's time to invest in...

The BaByliss Style Pro 1000! It was on offer in Carrefour at Mall of Emirates, Dubai today so it was a steal at AED235 (USD64). Pretty cheap eh?! Doesn't break the bank.




There are 4 attachments included to dry, straighten, smooth and for volume. When I unboxed it I was a little daunted as it looked quite big and I was worried that I would not be able to manage using it. But it turned out to be quite easy. Note that I did use a normal hair dryer to get my hair to about 80% dry as instructed in the manual, and I applied some serum to protect my hair from the heat.


In the picture above, from left to right... #1 is the Paddle Brush is for drying and detangling. So you just comb through your hair with the brush. #2 from the left is the Rotating 50mm Soft Bristle Brush. #3 from the left is the 38mm Thermal Brush. Both #2 and #3 are for volume. Lastly #4, the right most one is the Straightening attachment.

So far I've tried the straightening attachment and the rotating brush (the big cylindrical one). I first straightened my hair then used the rotating brush to curl in the ends.

The rotating brush works pretty well. There are 2 buttons that rotate the brush in either direction. As I was looking at it I was thinking of all the ways I was going to get my hair tangled in this thing and end up having to cut my hair off. However, I'm glad to report that no hair was harmed in the trial of the BaByliss Style Pro 1000. 

[don't judge my face, it's late
 and I'm getting ready for bed &
I didn't take this picture with the intention of posting it here]

Result is that my hair feels really smooth and I curled the ends in the front in and it looks pretty nice. It didn't take a long time to do either, I think all in, plus drying was less than 10 minutes. I did not burn myself even though I think I was touching a lot of the brush while fussing with it. I would give it a 9/10. Only -1 as it was not cordless and a little too big for my liking. I think I would have managed it with greater ease if it was cordless and smaller. Although I do think that's just me being a newbie psychomotor moron. 

Absolutely recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment