Tuesday 29 December 2015

Palmer's Multi-Effect Perfecting Facial Oil vs Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

I've heard that Palmer's Multi-Effect Perfecting Facial Oil is the best thing for your skin ever. Apparently it works wonders on wrinkles and takes a few years off. Isn't that what everyone dreams of once they turn 35? I bought this in Australia for AU$19.99 at Woolworth's, so there's nothing gourmet or special about it, I was however told that you can't find it in Singapore. I refused to believe it. So I went on a hunt, just for the benefit of you fellow Singaporeans.



First let me tell you that I have used this oil for a month, once in the morning under my makeup and once before I sleep. It feels nice, not oily. You only have to use 3 drops max to cover your whole face, you might like to put it on your neck as well. I personally have not seen any difference but I think a month might be too short of a time. It feels and smells nice and when I wake up, my skin isn't dehydrated or oily, which means it's balancing my skins natural oils well. I'm also very lazy so I use it in place of my moisturiser. I'm thinking I'll give the entire bottle a try before I come to any conclusions. Maybe some of you who have tried and tested this can comment so that others can have more information. I do have very sensitive skin and I must say that this oil feels light and doesn't irritate my skin, even right after a facial when my skin feels raw and really can't handle a lot of things.





Anyways, on my hunt I found Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil for face. It boasts to do the same things as the Palmer's Multi-Effect Perfecting Facial Oil and so I had to compare.

These are the similarities:
- Both claim to improve the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles, dark spots/pigmentation and aging skin.
- Both have these ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Vitamin C & E, Retinol, Sesame Oil, Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Apricot Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Argan Oil, Sunflower Oil

Multi-Effect Perfecting Facial Oil has these oils that aren't present in the Skin Therapy Oil:  Maracuja Oil
Skin Therapy Oil has these oils that aren't present in Multi-Effect Perfecting Facial Oil:  Rosehip Oil, Camelina Oil


Maracuja oil has anti-flammatory and healing properties and can assist in repairing any skin damage you may have like acne, signs of aging or signs of excessive tanning. Pretty similar use as Rosehip oil with is frequently used to heal scarring and photo-aging. Camelina oil is always known to restore the skin's natural nutrients, increases firmness, blocks UV rays and combats pigmentation.

Although these two products are not identical, I think for people who can't get their hands on one or the other, they can be substituted. Buying either I imagine would produce the same effects and results on your skin. So there! If you're in Australia, you can get the Palmer's Multi-Effect Perfecting Facial Oil and if you're in Singapore, you can get Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil for Face

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete